Thursday, April 03, 2008

Quick Thursday Photoshop World Hits

Well, the Big Electric Cat - the NAPP house band played to a full house Wednesday evening and they brought down the house as well. Scott was on keyboards with his wife Kalebra doing lead vocals and Felix Nelson pumped a good bass. The guitar player - Tony 'Guava" Llanes and Scot Stahley, the drummer were phenomenal too. Scott and his wife have been musicians for years and it's quite a treat to see their band perform. This is the third time they've thrilled the attendees at PSW. A great time was had by all. I took about 600 images of them playing and will try to get a sampling up a little later - time permitting.

After a few hours sleep, I was up and on my way to present my brand new lighting program at 8:15 a.m. this morning. We had a good crowd and everyone was enthusiastic about the presentation. Thanks to all that attended. Just to catch my breath, I sat in on Moose Peterson's program. Moose, in addition to being a very nice guy, presented the crowd with inspiring images and wrapped his presentation with his work flow solutions showing how he achieves his amazingly beautiful finished images.

Scott was next with his CS3 Down and Dirty Tricks program which always amazes the audience, yours truly included. How does he think of all that stuff?? I have to say, the cool thing about Photoshop World is the fact, that even though you might not be able to follow along at instructor speed, everything - that includes all the notes are given to each attendee in the form of the telephone book size PSW Workbook . What a resource for all those attendees.

I just finished my second presentation again to very positive response - thanks again for all those who came back and those that attended for the first time. I have one more presentation this evening at 6 p.m. and then it's a wrap for the day.

Before I sign off, let me point you to DigitalPhotoandArt.com. This site offers exclusively fine art prints from Jim Divitale, Burt Monroy, Scot Kelby, and Ben Willmore. Check out their site right here - some very nice images.

Hey gang, I've got to get scootin' again - the trade show is calling. Tomorrow, I'll plan to have a short recap of any new products at the show. I'm out of here - see everybody tomorrow. --David

No comments:

Post a Comment