Monday, April 21, 2008

"Luscious Beauty"

"Luscious Beauty"
© David A. Ziser


While driving home from yesterday, we passed this beautiful field of tulips. Even though there was a slight rain coming down, I still grabbed the camera with my macro lens and headed for the flowers. Fourteen minutes later and a five minute tweak in Photoshop gave me the finished result - I love it. Spring can be so beautiful! Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 100mm macro lens, F16 @1/160 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. Sweet David. Macro's are so cool.

    I curious what the effect you used it. It seems like you used a sort of painterly blur.

    I confess I might like it better if it was just the razor sharp flower and water drops. Then again I haven't seen that so who knows.

    Great color.... Gavin Seim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image. However when I refreshed my browser the next day the word "church" is gone. Was this done on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two points of clarification:
    For Gavin - I actually used High Band Pass sharpening then smoothed hit with Noise Ninja - looks sharp to me. Thanks for the comment.

    For Anonymous: LaDawn added it but it was not accurate - we were actually on our home from lunch after church and after being rained out at the zoo. Thanks for the nice remark. -David

    ReplyDelete