Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Tomorrow's Child"

"Tomorrow's Child"
© David A. Ziser

This image was taken as part of a portrait session on a very young child. I went in close for several images and was intrigued with this crop. What works for me in this image is the gentleness of the eyelashes in the scene. That coupled with the symmetrical presentation of the eyelashes, eyes, nose, cheeks, and mouth, but interrupted by the asymmetrical chin says to me that we are not perfect. Yet the gentleness of the image, I hope involves for the viewer, that our future is hopefully in good hands. Camera specs: Canon 40D with 24-105mm IS lens at 85mm, F11 @ 1/200 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shot. I like how mellow it is. I do think it lacks a bit of contrast and that that would help it, but I really like the simple comp.

    Sorry if this i8s a dup comment. Not sure it went thru.

    Gavin Seim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually softened the contrast considerably for the result I wanted. Now it has more of that 2001 Space Odyssey look. -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try this tonight with my 5 month old. It is beautiful, subtle, ethereal.
    The contrast work you have done has given the child's face a porcelain quality... perfect.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete