Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Who Should Attend My Digital Master Class?

I have received several emails from our DigitalProTalk readers with questions about the level of expertise needed to attend my Digital Master Class. Here are some of my responses to those questions.

Do I need to be a professional photographer to attend your class?
No, in fact my staff has been trying to get me to change the name from "David's Digital Master Class" to "David's Digital Workshop" because it more accurately speaks to what we do in the class. The class is about improving your camera's functionality, lighting techniques, Lightroom skills, and business expertise.

I would say that even though we have several attendees that do in fact operate their own studios as a full time professional photographer, each attendee takes from the class what they need and are thrilled with the experience. Students have the opportunity to pick the brains of my staff one-on-one, see my operation first hand, and pick up on the ever changing digital techniques.

We have several class attendees that have a passion for photography and are at the very beginning stages of wanting to get into the business. Their eagerness is concentrated on their love of the camera and where to go from there. So their desires are aimed more at learning how to light, how to apply posing, and the composition segments of the class. The sales and marketing segments help them kick start their business too and get them started off on the right foot.

We even occasionally have photo enthusiasts take the course because they just want a better understanding of how to get the most out of their gear. They still love seeing the software "magic bullets" I talk about too.

That said, there is something for everyone in the class. In NO way is the class dumbed down in anyway. I believe that the way the class is presented, the attendees get a full measure of want they want from the week's experience, at least that's what our class evaluations bear out when the staff and I review them on Friday afternoon.

What should I bring?
Bring your camera and gear, a laptop, and perhaps a tape recorder. With those three items and all the class materials provided, you will have enough information to review for weeks to come.

What's included for the week?
-Let's talk about the food first - Full breakfast every morning at the hotel, Welcome Party at my studio/home on Monday, gourmet dinner at our studio/home on Thursday, and snacks and refreshments throughout the week.
-The class workbook with over 120 pages of class notes that follows my presentation exactly. A class DVD with additional materials we will discuss during the week. A DVD containing all the images I shoot during the week.
-More than $1000 in door prises from our outstanding sponsors - Spyder3's, ExpoDiscs, WPPI registrations, Extreme from LumaPix FotoFusion, gift certificates, and a lot more. That means everybody wins something.
-Probably one of the best things; the camaraderie and collective knowledge and experiences of the entire class all in one place for the week. Most of the classes have stayed in touch via Google groups, emails, at upcoming conventions, etc. after the class wraps.

Anyway, I hope that gives you a pretty good idea what the week is about. You can get all the info at DavidZiser.com or just give the studio a call at 800.292.2994 and visit with LaDawn, Jennifer, or Sharon all of whom would be happy to answer your questions.

Hey gang, that's it for me today. Enjoy the podcast and let me know what you think. I'll see everybody tomorrow for Business Day Thursday. See you then, David

1 comment:

  1. For anyone trying to make up their mind about attending the Digital Master Class I can attest that it will be worth your time and money. David and his staff were friendly and willing to answer any questions you may have. The whole experience from the beginning to the end of class was enjoyable and enlightening.

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete