Friday, August 01, 2008

"Ceiling Abstract #5"

"Ceiling Abstract #5"
© David A. Ziser

I am a big fan of lines, shapes, and forms. Many times when visualizing the finished image, I try to imagine what the three dimensional shapes and forms will look like on a two dimensional presentation. That's what happened in this instance. The original image was a church ceiling. But what I saw were these very cool lines and shapes. I brought the image into Photoshop, re-cropped it, replaced the dark tones with similar tones in the ceiling using the layer blending tool, and increased the saturation just slightly. Playing with the crop a bit more got me to my final result. Camera specs; Canon 30D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens at 17mm, F5.1 @ 1/50 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

p.s. Hit the "Read More..." link below to see the "before" image.

Here is the "Before Image" as shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment