Wednesday, March 03, 2021

A New Powerful Social Media Platform That Is the Best, My New Favorite YouTube Channel, and an App That Will Blow Your Mind!

Good Morning Everybody,

I have to say, it feels good to back visiting with everyone - even if we can't do it in person in these challenging times, at least we can do it here at DigitalProTalk. I'm posting because I've got a few cool things to share with you today. 

The first is a very interesting conversation I recently had with my good buddy, Jeff Medford, about a brand new and super powerful social media platform that he is about to launch - you don't want to miss this.

The second is a great YouTube channel I discovered while doing the channel surf over my morning cup of coffee. 

And the third is about an unbelievable app that makes out-of-focus photos perfectly clear and sharp. 

My Conversation With Jeff Medford - Intro To Gides: The Future of Social Media

Jeff and I have been friends for many years - in fact, Jeff organized my three international workshops with Clay Blackmore [link] several years ago and we have stayed in touch over the years.  Anyway, Jeff reached out to me a few months ago to get my take on a brand new social media platform he was creating called Gides [sounds similar to likes].

I have to tell you, I was really impressed with this all-encompassing project of his. He gave me a quick demo and I was blown away.  

After his demo to me, I invited him to join me in a Zoom conversation where he could share it with all the DigitalProTalk readers - he gladly obliged. What follows is that 30-minute conversation - please check it out.  I personally can't wait for the upcoming launch.


What did you think - way cool, I think.  I'll keep you posted. And thanks for watching.

My New Favorite YouTube Channel for Photoshop Tutorials

You know, one thing I like to do every day is learn something new.  That is so easy to do these days with so many internet resources like blogs, podcasts, YouTube, etc. available to us all. My latest favorite way is to tune in to one of my favorite YouTube channels and watch over my cup of morning coffee. 

My go-to YouTube channel for all things Lightroom is Matt Kloskowski [link].  Matt and I have been buddies for many years and I love the way he dissects each new Lightroom feature with knowledge, depth, and a little humor thrown in.  You can find Matt's YouTube channel right here [link].

But now on to my new favorite YouTube channel for Photoshop. That would be PiXimperfect [link] hosted by Unmesh Dinda. I have to tell you, this guy knows his stuff!!!

Watching his videos are always amazing and entertaining - you will definitely learn something new and awesome and really enhance your Photoshop skills. He has taught at Photoshop World and Adobe MAX, has over 650 tutorials posted, and 2.7 million subscribers on YouTube.

Just do a quick scan through any of his many videos featured on his home page [link] and prepare to be amazed - enjoy!

The Most Amazing App of All Time!

I have to admit, I'm not an APP junkie - I have a few favs that I use every day just like everybody else. But every-now-and-then, one will pop up that will blow me away. The name of the App - Remini [link]. It's available on iOS or Android platforms.

It literally makes blurry photos sharp. This is completely different than using the Unsharp Mask filter in Photoshop and the results are dramatically better, trust me.

From their website... Using movie-grade AI technology, Remini turns low-resolution, blurred, pixelated, old, and damaged photo and video into HD, with sharp and clear facial focus.

I first saw a tutorial of it over at PiXimperfect whom I've featured above.  You can watch that tutorial right here [link] - the "before" and "after" images are truly unbelievable!  Please give the video a peek and be prepared for magic!
__________________________________________________________

Hey Gang,

That's going to be it for me today. I've got some things lined up for down the road - hint, hint - the brand new Canon R5.  LaDawn surprised me with the camera at Christmas and I have been having a great time with it.  But, more on that later.

Until the next time, be safe and ... curious.

Cheers, David

No comments:

Post a Comment