Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Technique Tuesday: We Are Checking Into Your Background

Good Morning Everybody,
Well, I think we are almost back to normal today. Zoomtown, one of our largest local ISP's seems to have all the cables reconnected and all the wires re-attached and we seem to be humming along again. Who knows, maybe too many people were downloading the 2200 hundred hours of video from NBCOlympics.com and that bogged things down. I know I was one of them. If you haven't checked out the site, or if you missed any of your favorite events, you can still see them at NBCOlympics.com - way cool site. Anyway, no problem today - we are off and running.

How many times have you been on location at a wedding or family session and the backgrounds at the house, the yard, the church just were not optimum. Hey, that's why they hire a professional photographer. Because we can figure it out and come home with the shots. Take a look at the following tutorial and watch how I change the background in four separate instances to dramatically improve the image. All good stuff we need to know as we progress into great wedding/portrait shooters - Enjoy, -David


4 comments:

  1. David on the last image you took did you fill in the shadows with an on camera flash or were you still relying on the light coming from the door way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M. Ziser, if you don't mind i would like to know what software do you use to record your videos. I'm trying to do some video tutorials for my blog (blog.mlphotodesign.ca it's in french) and lets just say i've been having some problems. I'm also running windows. So if you have any tips or advice for me i would really appreciate it.

    Thanks

    Marc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To piicx - No flash fill on this image - forgot to mention that point on video.

    To Marc - I use Camtasia 5 for Windows.

    -DZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is a little old but I just found this blog. It is very helpful. Thank you

    One question if you dont mind answering. What did you do in photoshop to get the final image? I get a lot of images that look similar to the one you had out of the camera, but can never seem to get the post production right. I didnt see anything in your photoshop tutorials dealing with this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete