Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Podcasting Wednesday - They Walk A Different Walk, And Talk A Different Talk

Good Morning Everybody,
I'm pretty fired up today!! I mentioned DigitalProTalk's new podcasting feature and things went crazy - get this, over 7,500 people listened to my very first "Welcome" post just in the last few days! So welcome to the new Podcast Wednesday. This is our first run at it and I know you will enjoy the listen. Don't forget, you can get regular downloads to your iPod via iTunes, get notice of new shows via email, and even add them to you own start page. That said, let's get to it.

You know, things are tough for a lot of photographers out there in today's market place. Not all, but many studios have been experiencing a substantial business slowdown during these last few years. Many attribute it to the whole world going digital, and yes, I too believe that is part of what is causing the problems for many studios who have run successful operations for a number of years.

The problem is not "Digital" per say. It comes down, plain and simple, to the new class of customer making the purchasing decisions. Times are a changin' and the new Generation Y market shift is causing problems for so many businesses not just photographers. So many businesses have been doing the same thing for so long, got comfortable in the processes, and are failing to change with the times. Eventually, I'm sorry to say, seeing their sales as well as profits erode away. Whether full time pro, part time professional, or an emerging pro, listen to today's podcast - "They Walk A Different Walk, And Talk A Different Talk" for some insights and some solutions on how to enhance your marketing position in 2008. It's a wake-up call we need to hear. Just hit the Gcast Play button to the right.

Since this is brand new, please let me know what you think by leaving your comments at the end of the post. Thanks, David

Thanks to Pechman Imaging for sourcing the information featured in this podcast. If you want to subscribe to their monthly newsletter, here is the link.

Download this Podcast directly right here.

5 comments:

  1. Great subject for the first PodCast! The sound was very good and load time was quick.

    I found the subject timely. I had a few "Ah!" moments. I know as a marketer(one of many hats I wear) of my own business that I would have to tap in to this next generation some how. I am a Gen "X"er so I had a few ideas. After listening to this artical my ideas were reaffirmed. Now to put them into a plan.

    Again, great subject for the PodCast and I look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, you must be superhuman. This blog is a full-time job, plus your regular studio job, plus the workshops and DVDs, and the regular conference attendance, and now a weekly podcast. And your family.

    So the topic I'd love to see in a future post or podcast is this: How do you fit this in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to subscribe via iTunes but haven't been able to find the podcast. Any hints on where it's located would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not able to find the podcast in the iTunes store. But inspecting the source code of the page shows the feed.

    http://www.gcast.com/u/DigitalProTalk/main.xml

    Then go to your iTunes app (on Mac anyhow) it is under Advanced: Subscribe to Podcast and then enter the above URL.

    Hope that helps. Or please let us know if that's not the right feed to subscribe to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob—that worked like a charm, thanks!

    ReplyDelete