Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday: Be Prepared To Be Inspired and Get Walking!

Good Afternoon Everybody,
I'm coming in late with the post today - yesterday's post turned out to be a real "bear" as they say. The formatting was driving me "nuts" but I finally got it figured out about 4:45 p.m. - hence the lateness of the post. I hope you take a chance to read it if you haven't already. There was a lot of good info posted. OK, I've had a good night's sleep and I'm getting inspired for today's Inspiration Friday.

But, first off. let me give you a heads up on something BIG happening August 23, 2008 in cities around the world including Cincinnati. I'm joining my good friend/blogging buddy, Scott Kelby, and his friends around the world for the first ever "Worldwide Photo Walk." Hit the [link ] for all the info.

I'm heading up the Photo Walk right here in Cincinnati, Ohio and have scoped out a route that meets at Fountain Square at 10a.m. The route then takes us throughout a small section of downtown Cincinnati, around a few of the city's parks, across the famous Suspension Bridge into Northern Kentucky for a little more exploration around the historic Covington Riverwalk area, and then wrapping around 12 p.m. at a wonderful restaurant, Chez Nora's, for lunch a review of images some laughs and fun. My friends, Jimmy and Patty, own the place and are setting up a special rooftop room for us to review the images.

Chez Nora's in the Main Stauss section of Covington, KY. Can't join us in Cincy, then check out all the cities and join one in a location near you - here is the city list right here.

Oh, did I mention Scott is awarding prizes!!! The best photo from the day (as chosen by the local walk leader) will win a copy of Scott's Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers. To the single best overall photo taken from all the Photo Walk locations GRAND PRIZE includes $500. gift card to B&H, 2-20x30 color prints from Mpix, $250. book bundle from Peachpit, 2 full passes to Photoshop World Conference, Adobe Lightroom 2, Wacom 6x11 Intuos 3 Wide-screen Tablet and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Premium. WOW!! This should be a lot of fun. Hope you can join me as we PhotoWalk Cincinnati.

2 comments:

  1. how do you sign up for the walk? I would love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad I just found this and the Cincinnait walk is full. Sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete