Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Old Christine"

"Old Christine"
© David A. Ziser

Another image from our recent Photowalk in Cincy last Saturday, and again one of my favorites. This kind of subject matter is so great to photograph. There are so many ways to explore the colors and composition. The old, rusty look of this old Plymouth made me think about the Steven King movie, "Christine" - hence the title. There are just wonderful contrasts in this image - the complementary colors of blues and reds, the rough rusty paint against the smooth chrome, the smooth curved fender lines complimenting and framing the straight lines of the grill work. All these elements lead to a final dynamic composition. There were just so many ways to shoot "Old Christine", I wish I'd had more time. Heck, maybe another visit sometime soon. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-300mm DO IS lens at 135mm, F 11 @ 1/800 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

p.s. Don't worry, I'll get back to the wedding/portrait images next week. David

2 comments:

  1. Dave you are so right about this car, she is a beautiful subject. I have a about 10 captures of this car. I have a similar shot that I entered in Capture Cincinnati. My title is "Beauty is only rust deep". Your photo walk sold out quicker than Buffet tickets, please do another one. Thanks, you are a inspiration and great teacher.
    Mark
    Covington,Ky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I discovered your site after reading Scott Kelby's book on Digital Photography.
    I love seeing your perspectives on the things you see!
    This shot is awesome-the rust is made beautiful by contrasting with the silvery blues...and the plymouth sign is awesome!
    I have a picture that I'd love to share with you sometime, and see what you think of it.
    It is of a classic Chevy, just a hood shot-but I'd love to hear a professional's opinion of it.
    Here's the link if you'd like to see it:
    http://photo.xanga.com/calledN2life/18d46195605606/photo.html?rewrite=true&album=e547f155300033&n=60
    I realize you've probably got a lot of demands on your time-so, if you did stop by and see it, it would be pretty incredible to me.
    Thanks for reading!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete