Friday, August 22, 2008

"Little Angels"

"Little Angels"
© David A. Ziser

This image was made while photographing the family groups for the bride and groom. We were in between groups and as I was gathering another family for the next shot, I noticed the little flower girls having fun with the bride. My assistant still had the off-camera flash, which was shooting through an umbrella pointing in the general direction of the bride and the two girls. It was just enough light to get the shot. At first glace, I didn't think I had much going on, but after tighter cropping and some "stylizing" of the image in Photoshop, I loved the result of those little angels with the bride. As I've mentioned many times, we as professional wedding photographers need to have a sixth sense on the wedding day and be aware of what is not only happening in front of the camera but also behind us and to the sides of us. Camera specs; Nikon D1x fitted with a Tamron 24-135mm lens at 48mm, F5.6 @ 1/60 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

p.s. Hit the "Read More..." button below to see the before shot. -David

Here is the before shot.


7 comments:

  1. Love what you did with this. I think it also shows how we have to sometimes see the image within the photo. Too many might have looked at the base photo and shrugged their shoulders and left it alone not seeing the potential it had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job David. I like how you pulled out the great part of an image that might go unnoticed and did something cool with it.

    It reminds us to look a little deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture David...Nice work...Would love to see a "Technique Tuesday" on how you processed the picture...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so lovely. I, too, would love to see how you processed the picture. It's so wonderfully soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great one from the master. I too believe there's a good totural here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more vote for the tutorial. Love the "dreamy" look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love what you have done with this pic post production, is it possible for you to do a tutorial on this?
    would be greatly appreciated

    ReplyDelete