Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Caladium Patch"

"Caladium Patch"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image while walking the quaint little neighborhood of Brooklyn Heights, NY. What a great part of the city most people don't get a chance to visit. The small vibrant neighborhood was reminiscent of walking around some of the small neighborhoods in Boston just a few months earlier. The people, the shops, the buildings, and sites and scenes were like a small jewel just on the outskirts of Manhattan. Anyway, I found this Coleus patch while walking the neighborhood and was taken by their colors and design. When I look at the image, it strikes me as a wonderful abstract design full of color and textures. A little stylizing in Photoshop finished the presentation. Camera specs; Canon 30D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens at 70mm, F 7.1 @ 1/100 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, but those are not coleus, they are caladiums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I know - I'm a photographer ;~) Thanks for the "heads up." -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...Caladium...Frieda Hemple

    ReplyDelete