Thursday, April 17, 2008

"A Beautiful Bride"

"A Beautiful Bride"
© David A. Ziser

This image was made a part of the series of wedding day bridal portraits taken shortly before we left for the ceremony. I wanted the bride's beauty captured in the natural surrounds of the beautiful room. I also adjusted the exposure to push the outdoor foliage into a pastel key complimenting the rest of the interior scene. My close proximity to the bride in the composition clearly made her the point of interest. The close focus point on my subject also softened the surrounds which very effectively put the rest of the scene in a subordinate yet still beautiful supporting role within the overall composition. Camera specs; Canon 20D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens set at 38mm, F6.3 @ 1/125 second, ISO 400. Key lighting on the subject's face was the result of my 36 inch shoot through umbrella off-camera flash directing the light from my right creating the perfect loop lighting on my bride. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. beautifully composed ... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent soft lighting! How do you get such nice catch lights with a shoot-through umbrella? No ribs show in the eye reflections. Photoshop, or voodoo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a highlight tweak in PS. -David

    ReplyDelete