Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Afternoon Elegance"

"Afternoon Elegance"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image yesterday during my Master Class. Who would have thought you could get such a dramatic image at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center? But that's where this image was created. I love the leading lines and graphic elements of this location which really add to the composition of the image. It was made just with the available light flooding in from the window. I had to tilt the bride's head slightly to her right so that the light would illuminate her eyes. The slight camera tilt also accentuated the final composition. The slower shutter speed raised the key of the background resulting in a really nice bridal portrait. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with my 10-22mm lens at 21mm, F5.6 @ 1/60 second, ISO 500.
Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi, David. Great blog.

    Can you comment more about "The slight camera tilt also accentuated the final composition."? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

    I'm not being critical; I just imagine that both images would be equally compelling. I'm also always trying to find and understand new composition ideas.

    What do you like better about this than an untilted version? Maybe seeing the two versions side by side would help me.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete