Monday, February 11, 2008

"Pod Plants"

"Pod Plants"
© David A. Ziser

OK, I know that's kind of a weird title but all I could think about was and old Star Trek episode where pod plants figured heavily into the plot. While visiting historic Temple Square in Salt Lake City one Spring a few years ago. LaDawn and I toured the magnificent grounds of the temple area and were enthralled with the beauty of all the flowers. The "pod plants" which are really Poppies intrigued me. They looked like alien creatures emerging from the garden. Being a "Trekkie", I had to get the shot. The wide aperture easily separated the "pod plants" from the surrounding background adding even more to the "alien feel" of the scene. Although not necessary fine art photography, maybe a more apt description would be "Alien Garden". Camera specs; Canon 20D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 95mm, F3.2 @ 1/320 second at ISO 400. Enjoy! --David

No comments:

Post a Comment