Monday, February 18, 2008

Massive Blog Post Monday

Good Morning Everybody,
Hope everyone had a great weekend. LaDawn and I had a rather unusual weekend cleaning cabinets and closets of much of my "legacy" - that means old - photo stuff. Boy, I have to say it was a step back into my own history. We went through old photo equipment, pictures, albums, computer stuff - it was an amazing experience. So many of the computer cables were pre-USB, serial cables, parallel cables, giant 30 meg hard drives - the list could go on and on. Well, most of it is gone, and the rest is headed to that giant garage in the sky.... E-Bay. I'll let know when that hits, there should be some pretty good deals available.

I'll tell you what I found most interesting was that I rediscovered some wedding images I took over 25 years ago. I know what you are thinking - that guy NEVER cleans out his closets - well, you might be half right and you wouldn't be the first to refer to me as a pack-rat. Anyway, I was thinking, would it be helpful, useful or have any value at all for aspiring photogs to see some of these images from my early days? I'm still thinking about it - drop me a comment and let me know what you think. Anyway, on with Massive Blog Post Monday...

9 comments:

  1. I'd love to see your past images. Some from when you first got started would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    It is always interesting to view the early work of the "masters". It would be very interesting to see the progression of your photographic eye in composition and timing.

    Besides it would give start-up photographers (yours truly) a benchmark to start with. We already know were the mark or bar is set, but wea re not all there yet.

    Thanks for your blog, I look forward to it everyday.

    Doug Peek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you don't clean out your closets since it took 12 years for me to final get my wedding pictures

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be great to see some of your "early work."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear David,

    first of all I would like to tell you how much I love your Blog. I’m stopping by every single day and I have to, because you are blogging so much, I would miss the boat. Specially I like the wide range of Topics that you cover in the blog.
    Because I am more an enthusiastic rookie in photography than an professional photographer, I’m very interested to see some of your old work. In the past 2 years I seriously deal with photography and soak up every Information I can get like a sponge to enhance my skills. Today when I’m looking at pictures I have done only one year ago, I see so much things that I would do totally different today.
    I would like to see some of the old Pictures to see your enhancements and you can compare your work from then with some of your actual work.
    I’m looking forward to this post. Finally I would like to excuse my bad English skills but I´m, as I’m living in Germany, not an native speaker/writer.

    Greetings from Wiesbaden,
    Kay
    kay25j@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi David,
    I think that it could be inspiring and educaation to beginning photographers to view how you have become a better photographer over the years. It would illustrate how study and practice have paid off for you.

    Best,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, my wife is all the time making fun of my box of cords and cables and well computer junk. I would love to see early Ziser images. We are always seeing your finalized and finished style you sport now. I think it would be cool to see some of your early images that helped you get to where you are today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to see the pics for several reasons:
    1) what was the 'style' of photography then, especially for weddings
    2) a blast to the past on clothing
    3) what the lighting was in the photos
    Please, share if you get the time.

    ReplyDelete