Friday, February 29, 2008

"Lasting Elegance"

"Lasting Elegance"
© David A. Ziser

This image was taken from the same wedding I featured an image from yesterday. It is one from the series I did after the wedding mass. After about 20 minutes of group photographs, I like to release the crowds and work with the bride and groom for about 8 - 10 more minutes. It's in this time period that I try to get about 5 dramatic images for their wedding album. This was one of those images. The direction of light was created with my off-camera Quantum flash firing through an umbrella while "dragging" the shutter. Dragging means using a slower shutter speed to pick up some of the ambient light. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with Sigma 12-24mm lens at 24mm, F6.3 @ 1/15 second, ISO 640. Enjoy! --David

2 comments:

  1. David,
    At 1/15, did you use a tripod? Love these posts where you give your "recipe". Keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,
    Never a tripod - wide angle lenses let you get a bit slower and still get the shot. Mostly I use IS lens and never use a tripod. --David

    ReplyDelete