I get Jeff Gitomer's newsletter every week. I have purchased some of his sales books, and I really like his message. He focuses mostly on taking responsibility for your success, stop making excuses, and let's get the job done.
Here is a short excerpt from his last newsletter.
Here’s where to start – look for the clues:
- CLUE ONE: Plan less. Act more.
- CLUE TWO: Plan for today the night before.
- CLUE THREE: Plan for the week on Sunday.
- CLUE FOUR: Plan six valuable or money meetings.
- CLUE FIVE: Plan actions and activities that lead to completion.
- CLUE SIX: Plan successes, not just actions.
- CLUE SIX POINT FIVE: Now is the time. You know the old expression, “There’s no time like the present.” I say, “There is only the present.”
Here is the rest of Jeff article right here. I think his kick in the pants attitude is good for all of us now and then.