Monday, February 25, 2008

Did You Hear - Polaroid Isn't Making Polaroid Anymore!


sunflower sx-70 poloroid
Originally uploaded by gsd_dame

I remember all those Polaroid cameras of years past and still own a number of them, so I guess it is a sad daywhen the old stops existing. You can read the story here at Engadget. But, I hear they still have stocked supplies that should last into 2009. You say, "So what?" Here's, what!! There has been a very popular fine art technique popularized over the several years by a number of photographers that enjoyed what was called "Polaroid manipulation."

Take a look at the very cool images over at this Flickr link. The resulting image looks a little like a Van Gogh image. I always thought the final results looked really cool, original and very interesting. Polaroid has the process described on their site right here. Ah, heck, I guess there is a way to do it in Photoshop. If anybody finds a way, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. If you know corel painter you can get that same polaroid look.

    ReplyDelete