Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oldie But Goldie Wednesday

Good Afternoon Everybody,
Sorry about the late post again yesterday. I was pulling my hair out trying to get the video finished. But a call to Tech Smith's Camtasia support and selecting a different preference setting finally solved the video problem - about 2 hours later.

Anyway here we are on our Oldie - Goldie Wednesday. As promised, I going to board the "Ziser Way Back" machine and show you some of my first images - ever.

First a little history - my interest in photography started quite by accident when, at about age 13, I discovered some of my dad's early manuals for processing film and images. He even had some small 5x7 trays and the ruby red safelight. Yes, he was a hobbyist back in the 40's and now that interest was passing on to the next generation.
My friend, Russ (he is still one of my best friends even today) and I headed down to the local camera store and purchased our first quart of Kodak Dektol developer and a quart of Kodak fixer - we were ready to go. We grabbed some of my parents' negatives. They were really big back then - about 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" - being from 120/620 film format format used by their ever popular Brownie Hawkeye camera. I can still remember that first image coming up in the developer under the deep red glow of the safelight - what a kick - I was hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment