Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Technique Tuesday - "The Icing On The Cake"

Sounds simple enough, doesn't it? Shoot a cake, shoot the bride and groom cutting the cake and it's covered right? Wrong! Good wedding photography is about being thorough, it's about capturing what others miss, it's about seeing with the eye of a storyteller.

Watch the video below and I'll walk you through what I try to capture for my clients on their wedding day. I'll wrap the video also showing the final page layout in the client's wedding album. Cool stuff - give a peek below. Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Great tutorial. Certainly got some good pointers. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this tutorial. It was very informative and great food for thought. I would love to see more like this.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tutorial. Thank you for sharing!

    Greetings from Belgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't seem to be available any longer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... that was Great!

    I love listening to your thinking process.

    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really loved this tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great details to look for while shooting. I'm amazed at how wedding photogs keep all these details in he shots with all the chaos and pressure of shooting a wedding!
    Have to say that if I put so much work into getting those great shots, overlapping them in those album page compositions would not be my first choice...seems a waste of composition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. Particularly valuable is how you're thinking through the shots.
    Cheers, Becki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete