Monday, February 25, 2008

Frozen In Action


frozen in action
Originally uploaded by ShhPeKo
We had that same thing happen here in Cincy this past weekend. It was sooo cold, the guests brought the frozen bride and groom in from outside and just danced around them till they defrosted and could move again. It seems their photographer took way too much time posing their pictures on this wintry weekend and it took them about an hour to defrost ;~)

OK, all joking aside - found this image over at DigitalPhotographySchool and I LOVE this image. I can't wait to try it on my next wedding. I'm going to park my assistant on the dance floor with my radio controlled flash, have him get the get the couple's attention, and shoot away. This image is creative and different - high fives to Brad Ross, the photographer. Check out Brad's web site right here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,

    Thanks for the kind words on this photo. It is the center piece of my portfolio. Sometimes the stars just align to get the perfect shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not just have the quantum on the ground floor and push the "test" button?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that would fail to isolate the subject. We could however use a 580 and make it look less obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The method I took from this is to create paparazzi effect. Have them pose for others with point and shoots. Then stick your asst. in the mix with a 580.

    ReplyDelete