Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"His Rite of Passage"

"His Rite of Passage"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image in December of last year. I always plan to meet the young Bar Mitzvah a few days before the actual event to get really dramatic images of them. I like how this image captures the young boy's expression just 15 hours before he will be standing before a synagogue full of family, friends, and congregants and is "Rabbi for the day." It's quite an accomplishment for these young people and I like to capture their innocence and dignity in this series of images. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens set to 47mm, F6.3 @ 1/60 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! --David

2 comments:

  1. David, you did not mention using your off camera strobe on this one. Since you did it at ISO 800 can we assume it was existing light?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johnny,
    Yep, off camera flash thru the umbrella again - sorry I forgot to mention it.
    --David

    ReplyDelete