Monday, March 01, 2010

"Field Of Dreams"

Field Of Dreams

"Field Of Dreams"
©David A. Ziser

I captured this image last Spring.  There is a small very quant park in downtown Cincinnati that has some very beautiful gardens. We were just driving through the city and I spotted this magnificent field of tulips. We headed back to our home, grabbed some gear, and headed back to the park.  I used a long lens and small aperture to compress the tulips and obtain the desired effect. I was shooting in a slight rainy drizzle. The overcast wet day just added that much more saturation to the colors.  This image is untouched color-wise in Photoshop or Lightroom.  These are the real colors - spectacular! Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-300mm IS DO Canon lens, F16 @ 1/100 second (handheld), ISO 800. 

Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. David - Hello there - Amy Kelly here :) (Lawrenceville, GA)met you for the first time at your trip to Atlanta in Nov! I believe I said that "I had not heard of you" due to being new to the industry but had hoped that it did not sound insulting in any way lol; it did not come out right hahah - anyway, I am growing/learning and still pluggin away at this new endeavor...I will be joining GPPA in the spring for starters. Wanted to tell you how much I love this tulip shot...am off to find a garden as soon as it stops "snowing" here in ATL!!! lol That shot is absolutely gorgeous - my in-laws have a sea of daffodils I will converge upon as soon as they are up and dancing...thanks for the motivation!! Amy

    ReplyDelete