Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Conventions Of Love

The Conventions Of Love “The Conventions Of Love”

©David A. Ziser

OK, first of all no giggling at the title.  This is an image I captured yesterday at my pre-con shoot at the Photoshop World Convention (hence the title.)  Anyway, all joking aside, working at the Orlando convention center is a kick because of all the cool compositional elements one can “play” with.  Here I positioned the bride within the curved lines of the staircase.  Notice how the curved lines, the bride included, contrast well with all the vertical, horizontal, and diagonal lines in the scene.  I  really like working these compositional elements into my mages.  Lighting – my Quantum, camera left, through my Zumbrella Camera Specs, Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 80mm F5.6 @ 1/100 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are always inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David I thoroughly enjoy your blog and look forward everyday to checking it for new info. I like the fact that you include your camera specs on each shot, and I was wondering if at times could you also include the specs you used on the Quantum flash, such as what power, how many feet away for such power, and with a diffuser or umbrella?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful high-key image! Did you use the 'blinky' method for exposure?

    ReplyDelete