Friday, March 05, 2010

"Music In The Air"

I Hear The Music In The Air

"Music In The Air"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I made of our beautiful bride which I featured in my Wednesday's post, "Elegant Afternoon." [link]. The home in which we were shooting was just beautiful - just check out the pipe organ on the left - pretty amazing.  The music room, once again provided us with a stunning location for portraits.  As I've said so many times previously, my lighting is simple and fast to use.  I had my assistant positioned camera left holding my flash which was shooting through my translucent umbrella.  Today I would have used my Zumbrella [link] - shameless self-promotion;~)  The challenge for this image was to keep the daylight coming through the windows from blowing out.  I had to select a shutter sped that would allow me to pick up a bit of the ambient light, but at the same time be fast enough to maintain some detail in those windows. I think we reached a nice balance. Camera specs: Nikon D1x fitted with 18-35mm Nikkor lens at 31mm, F5.6 @ 1/50 second, ISO 400.

Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Switched to Nikon, sweet. So tell us all about D-lighting and what setting to use to achieve the highlight safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fantastic insight into wedding photography. Thanks Dave!

    Curtis

    ReplyDelete