Friday, December 18, 2009

"Precious Moments"

Precious Moments

"Precious Moments"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image yesterday evening. The baby was only two months old and this was his first official portrait.  Photographing babies at this age is always a process.  The baby can be smiling, crying, fussing and a lot more. We got a great series of images from the shoot.  This image is one of my favorites.  The soft expressions on mom and dad's faces speak to the fragile young babe they hold in their arms.  I like the direct look on the baby's face too.  I thought the composition came together well.  I took the image into Lightroom to control the densities of the image.  My intent was to focus the viewer's attention on the baby by increasing the tonal values on the baby's face and decreasing the values on mom and dad's faces.  I actually discussed this Lightroom technique months ago here at DPT in my Technique Tuesday episode entitled, "Painting With Lightroom 2."  Here is the link. Anyway, the client's loved the finished results, I can't wait for them to see the rest of the images from the shoot.  Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at90mm, F8.0 @1/80 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

8 comments:

  1. Natural light? Flash? Continuous light source? Love this image! I use your light painting technique for Lightroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, David. Just enough. You didn't over cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful capture the moment. Super Human Resources and beautiful view of the PHOTOS .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous. Amazing set. The tones are amazing and the the images selected are amazing

    ReplyDelete