Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Mexican Holiday"

Mexican Holiday

"Mexican Holiday"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image from our Cabo trip a few weeks ago.  We were simply walking around the town of San Jose and LaDawn and I were having a conversation with my friend Sarah.  I spotted the cactus in front of the magenta painted wall but I didn't want to be rude, stop, and take the photograph while Sara was telling here story.  I just let the shot go.  We made it into town and the girls spotted a shop they wanted to stop at.  I invited them to do just that and once they disappeared into the shop, I backtracked our steps about a half a mile to get the shot I knew was waiting for me.  Only two striking colors against the white make up this simple composition. For me it how the green contrasts so effectively against the magenta that I enjoy the most. Simple composition and bright colors all combine for a shot that says "Mexican Holiday." camera specs; Canon 7d fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 80mm, F10 @ 1/500 second, ISO 800. 

Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Cool,

    Nice shot David! More on the abstract side:) I like the colors a lot. It makes the image what it is. Interesting pallete of colors only defined by space. Perhaps you should put one up in comparison that shows the top of the cactus, instead of it bleeding through the frame? Neverless this is very attractive what you have going on here. I like it.. Happy holidays!!!

    David you should have a guest photo blogging comp. every month or sort of like a contest and give away prizes from sponsers. Have certain catagories that way it will limit the entries.

    Thanks again for all help last spring in the master class we had blast! Since I won the trip to vegas I will be sure to see you for sure! We can catch up:)))
    Lots to talk!

    ReplyDelete