Monday, December 07, 2009

"Ocean Beauty"

Island Beauty

"Ocean Beauty"
©David A. Ziser

This is an image I captured on the beach last week while in Cabo, Mexico. Our beautiful model, Greta, is a friend of Kent and Sarah's and she did a great job as our beach beauty subject.  I choose to use my off-camera flash coming in from camera-right in order to create more contrast on my subject which I thought accentuated the contrasting tones of the surf behind her. That lighting direction also gave me the beautiful and flattering loop lighting pattern on my subject’s face. Notice too how I have the slight S-Curve of the surf working through the image too. I tweaked "Vibrancy" ever so slightly in Lightroom 2.6RC which kicked the blue water tones up just a notch, added a slight "squarish" vignette, and enhanced the image in Photoshop ever so slightly.  I love the finished portrait - it's simple, elegant, natural, fun, and a lovely image of my beautiful subject. Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with Canon 200mm F2.0 lens (what a lens), F8.0 @1/320 second (cheating the sync), ISO 200. Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi David
    Lovely shot, as always! One question, are you shooting fully manual, including flash?
    Thanks
    John

    ReplyDelete