Friday, December 11, 2009

"Always Aim For The Clouds"

Always Aim For The Clouds "Always Aim For The Clouds" 
©David A. Ziser

This a paraphrase of a quote I heard in the 2nd grade and it has never left me.  The original quote I heard was, “Always aim for the stars and your arrow will travel much further that if aimed at an object on the same level with yourself.” Still not exactly W. Clement Stone’s original quote but close enough.  You know, I’ve always held those words close to my heart and have always tried to aim for the stars, clouds, or moon in my life’s endeavors. Call me the perpetual optimist, but that’s how I felt when I viewed the Mexico sky at 32,000 feet this past Wednesday while heading home. So many times we just don’t reach high enough in life and we end up settling for second best far too often. I love what W. Somerset Maugham said so many years ago, “It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.”

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 80mm, F8.0 @1/320 second, ISO 320.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Love the thought, and it is so true that one can get the best by refusing to accept less then the best! The picture is a great reflection of reaching for the clouds. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete