Friday, December 04, 2009

"Beach Dancer"

Beach Dancer

"Beach Dancer" 
©David A. Ziser

I made this image yesterday at the beach in Cabo Mexico.  The sun was just starting to set giving me some nice reflections off the water.  I loved the rich blue color of the ocean behind my subject. Illumination came from my Quantum flash coming in from camera right giving me the very flattering loop lighting pattern on our subject.  The shadows were a bit dark so I softened them slightly with my on-camera flash giving me a much more pleasing contrast. Compositionally, I also like how the S-curve of the waves leads the viewer’s eye from bottom left to the top right corner of the image easily captivating your mind’s eye back to the subject  Don’t forget to check back next Tuesday for my Technique Tuesday telling the rest of the story.  Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 110mm, F10 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200. 

Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. ME GUSTA David.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Dave your all over the place. are you in Cabo for the DWC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/250 second eh iso 200 wow very cool image! I will be sure to knock this image off in Kaui on Thursday very cool.. You da' man!

    Keep the ocean shots coming!

    ReplyDelete