Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Christmas Time At St. Xavier"

Christmas Time At St. Xavier

"Christmas Time At St. Xavier"
©David A. Ziser

I was trying to think what image I wanted to feature in today's Christmas Eve post and then remembered a wedding I had shot right around the Christmas holidays a few years ago.  I remember walking into the church and being struck by the poinsettia display.  I had never seen anything like it in Cincinnati area churches before.  St. Xavier is on of the most popular and most beautiful sanctuaries in the metro Cincinnati, Ohio area. The striking turquoise interior is "one of a kind" in this part of the country. It's the turquoise colors that contrast so well with all the poinsettias.  I thought is was a very appropriate "image of the day " post.  By the way, when you read the specs below, you may be asking yourself how I maintained the depth of field at the wide aperture.  The answer is easy - with a 10mm lens on a Canon 40D, the depth of field is from 3.4 feet to infinity with the lens focused at 10 feet - just thought you would like to know. Camera specs; Canon n40D fitted with 10-22mm wide angle lens, F3.5 @ 1/30 second (hand-held), ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment