Monday, December 28, 2009

Quick Hit Monday: Updates, Updates, Updates!

Good Morning Everybody,

I hope Santa was good to everyone over the holidays and you had a chance to just relax the long weekend away. We managed to get the 300 image custom bound album delivered to my client by Christmas Eve - but just barely. I finished it with just 2 hours to spare - whew!  We are now wrapping up the New Year's card they need by Thursday of this week. Sometimes things never end ;~)

Hey gang, today I thought I'd give you a few updates on some good things happening around here for the new year. Here we go...

Santa Brought Me A Canon 100mm F2.8 IS Macro Lens For Christmas!

Canon 100mm ISSanta was pretty good to me this past Christmas - he left me Canon's brand new 100mm F2.8 IS under the tree.  I actually used it for my Christmas Day image right here.

I have to tell you, this is one of Canon's sharpest lenses. At least that is the results I’m finding from the testing I've seen on it [link]. Yes, it is one of their L-series lenses too and we know what "L" stands for, don't we - "Lots of bucks."

I've always thought that the next best place for Image Stabilization should be on a macro lens.  Why, because close up, the "lens jiggle" is similar to the experience on a long telephoto.  I'm glad Canon finally took me up on my suggestion;~)  I can't wait to take it out on a test drive real soon. I'll keep you posted.

Look For DigitalProTalk Plus To Go Live In 2010!

This has been a project I've been working on over the past year.  We're putting a brand new "member only" site together called DigitalProTalk Plus and I can't wait! DigitalProTalk Plus will not change anything that's happening with DigitalProTalk but, instead, will be an extension of the DPT site. 

Digital ProTalk Plus The new site will allow me a means to share with you longer tutorials on lighting and photography.  It also gives me the chance to interact  with the members more easily with free conferences, reduced pricing on webinars, and special training. I’m still working out details.

I also want to include a "Print Critique" section, too. Members will have the opportunity to submit prints and I'll review them anonymously for all members. This too is still in the process of working out the logistics.  

Lots more in the works too.  If you've got some ideas or suggestions in how to bring added value to membership, please let me know in the "Comments” section below – looking forward to hearing from you.

Digital WakeUp Call - A New Dawn Available ON DVD Soon!

DWUC DVDs We received so many great reviews for my DWUC tour that folks have been clamoring for it to be available on DVD.  Here is the really good news.  The DWUC tour was recorded live so you will get a chance to see all the fun and excitement of the tour. 

More than that though, I've added 2 more hours of content to the 3 DVD set.  It should run about 6 hours long making it a great reference for anyone who attended and needs a refresher course. For those of you who were unable to attend - well, now you can. 

I think this is the most exciting DVD series I've ever produced. Look for the release date to be early/mid January 2010.

__________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  We're wrapping up the last of the client projects for the year and, who knows, might run out and see Avatar in 3D later today;~)

See everybody tomorrow for another episode of Technique Tuesday. 

See ya' then,  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment