Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Red Lining"

Red Lining "Red Lining"
©David A. Ziser

I'm tossing another image up from our visit to Cabo again. This image is of a red fence. Again, during one of our "photowalks" we passed this bright red fence.  It was not in the best part of town which is why its "redness" stood out so vividly to me.  I wanted to only "isolate" on the "red" so I chose a camera position that barely overlapped each of the fence uprights with each other . That enabled me to capture the solid red color with none of the surrounds showing through.  I also like seeing the texture of the fence paint throughout the image. The sunlight highlighted not just the textures of the paint but the fence uprights as well enhancing the repeating elements of the fence's structure.  I "juiced" the color a bit in Lightroom and took the image into Photoshop in order to straighten the lines with the crop tool using the "perspective" feature. Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 200mm, F16 @ 1/160 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. David, what is the difference is using Lightroom or Photoshop to straighten the lines with the crop tool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. its Fab! Making my eyes go funny though! lol

    We appreciate great photography Imagine That Studios Wedding Photographers Birmingham

    ReplyDelete