Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"All Clear For Landing”

Coming In For A Landing "All Clear For Landing”
©David A. Ziser

This image was captured on Sunday evening as we were enjoying one of the always beautiful sunsets in this part of the world. LaDawn noticed the sea gulls that had just made their appearance and called out to Sarah and I to try to capture a shot. The moment was fleeting, but I grabbed my camera, racked out the lens to it’s fullest extent and grabbed the two shots.  This one was the “winner”.  In the other shot, the bird's’ wings were in a downward flapping position.  But in this shot the sea gulls were on a perfect guide path into the sunset.  I love how the “lines” work in this shot.  Notice the V-shapes created by the clouds with the mountains.  Notice too how the line up of the sea gulls follow the same V-shape of the composition.  Did I plan it that way?  I didn’t have too, Mother Nature took care of the entire shot for me – just lucky that I was in the right place at the right time.  Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 200mm, F5.6 @ 1/250 second,  ISO 500.  No enhancement on this image as presented!

Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the web site, very educational. I noticed you started using the 7D. What's your oppinion on the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors of the sky is a perfect backdrop for the mountain and birds! Nicely done, great composition for a grab shot!

    ReplyDelete