Thursday, July 02, 2009

"My Little Brother"

"My Little Brother"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of my early digital images. I actually photographed this little girl a couple years before (on film) when she was just a baby. I got the call from mom for a maternity photograph and she wanted her daughter to be part of the photograph. This was the resulting image. The big eyes, her very soft complexion, and a gentle expression combine for a very sensitive and warm maternity portrait. Camera specs: Fuji S-1 fitted with Tamron 24-135 lens, F8.0 at 1/125 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -- David

3 comments:

  1. I did a very similar shot a little over 35 years ago. Being the 70s, the mom (my wife) was in a "flower power" dress rather than your elegant black. My older son was the one with his ear to his mother's belly. As far as I know (been told) the print is still in the OB-GYNs examining room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tasteful, and a refreshing image of the "sister to be" and the expectent mother. Many maternity images all over the web are harshly lit shots of swollen bellies - no finesse, just carelessly executed - all of them looking alike. Yours is soft, gentle, timeless, and just plain lovely.

    ReplyDelete