Wednesday, July 22, 2009

“Dancing On the Square”

Dancing In The Park-1042-DZ_McCaanW09“Dancing On The Square”

©David A. Ziser

This is another image I made at last Friday’s wedding. I mentioned that it was one of the prettiest weddings I photographed so far this year. I think one thing that makes the wedding coverage really beautiful is the amount of variety in locations of the shoots. Last Friday we started out with the groom at a beautiful downtown hotel. Then moved up to the Phoenix which is another great venue in Cincinnati. This image was taken at one of the city parks just across the street from where the wedding was taking place. When shooting outdoors, I have one main rule – use a long lens.  I had the bride positioned about 80 feet away with the lens racked out to 200mm. My aperture of F5.6 was wide enough to still blur the background. The main lighting was supplied by my radio controlled off-camera flash. My assistant was able to get close enough to the subject for me to be able to use my shoot through Zumbrella. The rest is history. I had a beautiful bride in a gorgeous location with great lighting - that all combines into a really nice bridal portrait for her wedding album. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 200mm, F5 .6 at 1/125 second,  ISO 200.

Enjoy! -- David

5 comments:

  1. Ziser you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on Boss! that one is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was the off-camera flash set to? 1/2 power, 1/4, what? Great shot. Trying to emulate your technique and this information would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite lovely - my favorite image in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is by far one of the best shots I've seen on your site . . and "all" of your shots rock!

    ReplyDelete