Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Love Is Blue"

"Lady In Blue"
©David A. Ziser

I know , I know - I'm in my blue period these days. Heck, Picasso had a Blue Period, why not me? Hey, just kidding. It just turns out that over the first day of shooting with my class, we captured a lot of images with blue backgrounds. I still think they look kind of cool - no pun intended. This image was made yesterday at the Phoenix. Shooting at the Phoenix during daylight hours puts a whole new look to images that are usually aglow with warm tones throughout. The sun floods through the window from the third floor area pretty much washing out all the warm tones. Yesterday, I choose to enhance the effect. I used my Z-Ray, in actuality is my Brinkmann high intensity flashlight, to illuminate my bride. I set the camera's color balance to 2800K to balance the warm light tonalities of the Z-Ray which then push the already cool tones to an even more blue. A quick tweak or two in Lightroom finished the result. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens @ 45mm, F5.6 @ 1/30 second handheld, ISO 1600. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thats a beautiful shot! And a lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful shot I must say this was my favorite shot!

    ReplyDelete