Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Evening Fantasy"

"Evening Fantasy"
©David A. Ziser

This image was made several months ago. We headed to the park to see if we could capture some great sunset images. We didn't get a great sunset but we got some great cloud features in the sky. The secret to a great shot here is to get the subject,my beautiful bride, to pop out of the background. I did that with my off-camera flash coming in from the right hand side. The bride's beautiful profile against this magnificent background made for a striking image. Notice how the warm tones lead to her face and how the cooler tones compliment her gown. I did "goose" the clouds and the sky with the Vibrancy slider in Lightroom and then added the very soft, ethereal effect in Photoshop - just havin' some fun. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 145mm, F5.6 @ 1/200 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

7 comments:

  1. I am just trying to get David Zier's attention as i do not know how often he reads his email. I do not have the weblink for the webinar on July 22. It was not sent to me with my email confirmation.

    Richard Heath

    my email is: thrumylense@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick - I don't have a link either but I'm not fretting yet since it's 1 week away--for now I am assuming that a link will be posted in the upcoming days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David would to see the pp on this image. Also your camera and OFC settings, your work continues to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful image. I like your choice of soft focus with this image. Even though the clouds are a bit strong, the are beautiful and I don't think you'd want them any differently with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rockin' image rockin' photographer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this image is just outstanding! I love it, and I bet the bride loved it too......so fairytale-ish ;-)

    ReplyDelete