Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Royal Beauty

Royal Beauty-0667-DZ_McCaanW09-Edit-Edit“Royal Beauty”

©David A. Ziser

Here's another image I made at last Friday's wedding. My subject does look like a regal “Royal Beauty” in this shot, doesn’t she. The bride had just finished getting ready and I just completed photographing my bride in the silhouette image I posted yesterday. I now wanted to move in close and use a white background to see if I could create a  very cool high key image of my bride. The bright, sunlit window screen gave me just what I was looking for. This is just a simple window light photograph but I think it really captures the beauty of my subject. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS at 35mm, F5 .6 at 1/60, ISO 1000. Enjoy! -- David

7 comments:

  1. Wow; she sure does look like royalty. Beautiful image! Brian F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beginning to see why you were so happy with the weekend's pictures. A really beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to know more-how did you expose-hand-held meter-in-camera meter- on what part of her face did you place the exposure area to measure? spot, weighted, average, I'd like to know.
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful but there is something odd about the teeth...not natural or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very nice photo. I think you might have gone a little overboard with the beauty blur though, she looks artificial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that an optical or digital soft-focus filter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, I'm going to guess that it is digital as the eyes are both tack sharp while they eyebrows and surrounding skin is blurred. That's not possible with an optical only solution.

    ReplyDelete