Friday, July 23, 2010

Fast Break Friday: Secret’s Out, Wedding Pricing, Photo Walk; Great Book Review; and More

Good Morning Everybody,

Non Stop LR - Fotolia_643515_Subscription_XL Yesterday was one of those non-stop days and it was one of those days where you only get about half the work done that you needed to get completed.  You know what that means, I’m already behind the “8 ball” today - yikes!

That’s why today is Fast Break Friday.  Let me update you on a few things.

Scott Kelby’s Worldwide Photo Walk Tomorrow!

PhotoWalk_Leader_300X250WebAd_0510 Can you believe it - over 1100 Photo Walks worldwide and over 30,000 folks walking - unbelievable!

My walk is filled to capacity and we are looking forward to a great time with everyone on Saturday morning. The weather is going to be hot they say, but who cares, it’s going to be a great time!  LaDawn and I are really looking forward to it.

Pricing Wedding Coverages

Money BAg First off, I did a post yesterday [link] about how we have our wedding coverages set up at the studio.  I knew someone way going to ask me to put prices on our coverages.  In my next  Business Day Thursday post I’ll plan to give you some direction in the pricing department.  Regardless of where you are now in your career, I think you will find it helpful, so stay tuned.

Great Book Review Over At DWF!

Hey, a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Digital Wedding Forum for the super glowing book review [link].  For those of you that don’t know, DWF is the leading informational forum on-line when it comes to wedding photography.  They are a tremendous resource for anyone wanting to take their photography to the next level.

DWF plug To have the opening line of the review say, “This new book from David Ziser may just be one of the best Wedding Photo books on the market.“  Wow! I have to say I’m both humbled and honored - thanks DWF.

Whoops! Today’s Post Was Going To Be On Retouching

That’s right,  I had planned to discuss the subject of under and over retouched images.  It looked like it was going to get quite involved and I was running out of time as it was so I’ve decided to postpone it to hopefully next week.

There are some great retouching software solutions available so stay tuned and I’ll walk you through what those solutions are and how we incorporate these software solutions in next week’s Friday “Studio Life” post.

What’s The BIG Secret Project?

Top Secret LR - Fotolia_526571_Subscription_XL OK, I’m going to just let the “cat partially out of the bag”.  Our BIG project is our - not yet public - ”Captured By The Light” lecture tour kicking off September 7, 2010 and traveling to 20 cities around the US.  I was hoping to have the website “live” today, but we still have several bugs to work thru.

For those of you that attended last year’s Digital WakeUp Call tour, this year’s program is completely new with tons of fresh information on lighting, composition, digital design, and marketing!  Did I say we’re giving away nearly $4,000 worth of door prizes in each city!
(Psst, “David, quiet, you’re letting too much out of the bag!”)
We are still working hard to get all the pieces in place and that should happen by mid next week. Stay tuned, I can’t wait to tell you everything that’s planned - it’s going to be a kick!  I’ll give you the whole story next week.
______________________________________________________
Hey gang, I’ve got to get moving.  We have about a dozen plates spinning to get the tour kicked off on time next week so, please plan on stopping back for all the details next week.

Have a great weekend, enjoy your Photo Walks if you are signed up in a community near you, and I’ll see everyone back here bright and early Monday morning.

See ya’ then,  David

No comments:

Post a Comment