Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Dawn’s Early Light"

Dawns early Light-IMG_0253-Edit

"Dawn’s Early Light"
©David A. Ziser

After doing the early morning “wake up call” and heading to the peak of Cadillac Mountain, we were “slightly” disappointed that we didn’t get a chance to see one of the spectacular sunrises we have been hearing about in this part of the world.  As we were heading down the mountain, with me keeping my eyes on the fogged in twisty road, LaDawn called out that there was a patch of sunlight on the water.  I completely missed it with my attention on the road. She urged me to turn around and check it out. I reluctantly did and a good thing I did too.  She had found a morning “photographic gem” among the socked in foggy mountains of Maine.  We parked “illegally” on the side of the road, I grabbed her camera and shot away.  In five minutes time, the scene was completely fogged in again.  Had I not stopped, we would have missed a very special Maine moment.  Camera specs: Canon 40D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 200mm, F 8 @ 1/320 second,  ISO 400. Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Maine is my home state David. I am so jealous you are able to be there for even a short visit!
    Grab all the "Maine Moments" you can!

    ReplyDelete