Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Five Hundred Boylston"

500 Boylston-IMG_1233

"Five Hundred Boylston"
©David A. Ziser

What a cool building – and when I hit it with the Sigma 8-16mm wide angle lens – super WOW!  Maybe it’s all the fine detail throughout this image that makes it work for me.  I was reviewing our images from our New England trip and this one just popped out at me. The strong converging lines and all that detail provided me an image reminiscent of some gothic structure out of a Hollywood fantasy movie – almost surreal. I tweaked the colors and tone in Lightroom 3 to finesse the result – no HDR here - and really like the final presentation.  Still, it was the Sigma lens that let me pull off the shot.  Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 8-16mm Sigma wide angle lens, F 8.0 @ 1/100 second, ISO 100.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. No HDR on this one? It's beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, I would have bet big bucks this was an HDR! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this image!! You continue to impress me. You certainly have a gifted eye.

    ReplyDelete