Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Storm Clearing Over Jordan Pond"

Storm Clearing Over Jordan Pond-IMG_2207

"Storm Clearing Over Jordan Pond"
©David A. Ziser

I've been wanting to post this image for about a week. It is just about my favorite image from our trip to Maine a couple of weeks ago.  We had walked about half way around Jordan Pond and the view back across the water on this mostly overcast day was just splendid. The soft lighting reflecting off the water contrasted wonderfully well with the undulating hills on both sides of the lake. The hills just framed the water perfectly. I thought the image looked best in Black and White because of the subtle tones and textures in the scene. I also like the pond grasses sticking out every so subtlety in the image foreground. I believe I obtained the full range of Ansel Adams' Zone System captured in this image. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm wide angle lens, F5.6 @ 1/320 second, IDO 200. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Hello David. I really enjoy your blog. It is very informative. One thing that I would like to see when you post your photos is have them a little bigger so I can see more detail in the images. For me personally I really do not even bother looking at the photos that you post because I can not really enjoy them do to their size. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,
    I love your use of leading lines. Your style is helping me be more creative.

    ReplyDelete