Thursday, July 01, 2010

Business Day Thursday: Is Your iPad Making You Money Yet?

Good Morning Everybody,

Microphone - headphones - fotolia_2337151Since announcing my brand new FREE worldwide webcast, "Fast and Easy Digital Design - Part 2" [link] on Tuesday, we have had over 950 folks sign up so far. We only have about 50 seats left! It's only 5 days away but you still have time to sign up right here.  Remember, only the first 1,000 registered will be guaranteed seats!

Hey gang, let's get right to today's post.  Here we go.

Business Day Thursday: Is Your iPad Making You Money Yet?

3 million sold already with predictions that 1 in 5 people want to own an iPad.  That sure makes the iPad one "HOT" product, doesn't it?  I just read that Fidelity Investments ordered 3,000 units for the investment counselors.  Looks like Fidelity is planning to make money with the iPad, are you?

iPad dollars LRFolks, owning the iPad for the simple reason of making money for your business is a "no brainer".  I was just talking with my friend Damien, a huge iPad fan.  Damien just started his photography business about a year ago.  He was telling me that his high school senior average was hovering around $300-400 dollars. 

Maybe that sounds good to lots of our readers, but in reality, that is not a big average in the senior market.  Damien proceeds to tell me how he raised his average significantly since getting his iPad.  Damien shoots his seniors sessions tethered to his Mac Book Pro with his images dropping right into Lightroom 3.  Yes, he does take his Mac Book Pro with him on his shoots - indoor and outdoor shoots.

Casey1 His clients love seeing the images right away - yes, that's a great sizzle.  It’s what he does next that starts kicking his sales into high gear. He pulls out his iPad and begins showing his client some cool senior product designs.  He starts building their expectations early about the cool products he has to offer them.

The most important item he shows though, is a senior portrait album just like I discussed on my webcast last week [link].  Not many photographers even show senior albums as a possibility to their clients.  Too many photogs are still in 8x10 and 5x7 mode. 

Damien has taken it to the next level by building a client expectation of ownership of a senior album - they can see exactly what it looks like right now during their shoot.  Folks, that's called  "proactive selling" which, by the way, is the only way to sell if you ever expect to experience success in the photography business.

Senior 2 A few days later, during the actual sales presentation to the client, Damien shows the senior album one more time - on his iPad, of course.  The second showing usually cinches the sale.  He tells me his senior average this season is around $1,100 – WOW what an increase!

It’s just way too easy to make money and increase sales with your iPad!  So are you using your iPad to make you money?  If you are not, you may be missing the boat on a lot of golden sales opportunities.

p.s. I didn’t have access to Damien’s iPad so I used my images to illustrate the article. -David

_______________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  I hope you'll stop by tomorrow for Friday's editorial post.  That's as much as I'm going to say about it, but I promise it just may give you pause to think about what I plan to discuss.

Hope to see you then,  David

3 comments:

  1. What format does he load the album to the ipad; jpg, pdf, or mov slideshow? I get all types of Ooos and Ahhs when I show my portfolio or when I sit with the client. I am finding more clients are not wanting to see a sales pitch but rather just see their images online. Anyway, thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let people know, there are tablet pc's out there that do a lot more than an Ipad. It is an actual computer. You can hook the camera in a USB ports for remote captures etc.
    Motion computing is the 1 I use. It is in my opinion far better than a ipad due to the ports as well as it is a pc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why doesn't he just show the album and products available on his MacBook Pro? He's already got it out and running it sounds like. Maybe he just want's to look cool and show how many gadgets these Seniors are buying for him with his higher sales. Just saying....

    ReplyDelete