Friday, July 09, 2010

"Magical Daydreams"

Magical Daydreams

"Magical Daydreams"
©David A. Ziser
Every one knows I'm a big fan of off-camera flash and directional lighting.  But, you know what, sometimes soft natural non directional light can work it's magic too.  I think that's the case with this image.  This is just a simple portrait I did as part of her high school senior shoot.  I loved this location with all the dried grasses accented with small wisps of wildflower colors.  This young lady had beautiful eyes and I think the soft light accentuated how beautiful they were.  The large aperture and backlight on her gave me great separation of the subject from the high pastel key background.  I love the resulting image.  Camera specs:  Canon 30D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 170mm, F 4.0 @ 1/640 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

9 comments:

  1. How have you avoided shadows, did you not use any reflector or fill flash at all ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just exposed for the face and let the rest of the tones fall where they would. -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a senior in high school?!? Wow, I would never have guessed. Her eyes are amazing and you were able to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool shot David. Don't tell this young lady, but I thought she was just a little bit older than a senior (maybe 22 or so). She is a beautiful girl though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I have a habit of always underexposing the background: this is a beautiful example and lesson that I need to think hard before doing that on every shot. Brian F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. I have a habit of always underexposing the background: this is a beautiful example and lesson that I need to think hard before doing that on every shot. Brian F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David
    So was this an overcast cloudy day
    thanks Phil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dave .. being a Greater Ciny person myself ... mind me asking where you were that had grass and color like that?

    ReplyDelete