Friday, April 08, 2011

"Brothers"

Brothers

"Brothers"
©David A. Ziser

I’m posting this image today because of a very nice phone call I received this morning. We have a local company coming to do a little Spring carpet cleaning. After I finished my conversation with Greg, the owner, he said that his secretary would like to talk with me.

She introduces herself as Pam and tells me I had photographed her two sons 7 years ago. I recognized her last name and we continued to visit for about five minutes. 

She mostly wanted to tell me how much she has enjoyed the photographs over all these years – one was a 30x40 B&W wall portrait which is the image posted above. She said people still compliment her on the image saying it looks like a painting.  As I recall, we did deliver it on stretched canvas which would have certainly given the image that look and feel.

It was great to visit with her again and hear that the boys are grown and she even has a wedding coming up soon. Congrats Pam!  These kind of phone calls are really the best reward for serving your clients well over the years.

The image was made in my studio with one large light – a studio strobe through a Westcott Halo.  I filled the shadows with a second strobe bounced off the ceiling.  This has been my basic studio set up for years.  The simple classical lighting setup really works well for these types of portraits – classic, elegant, timeless.

Camera specs: Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n 80-200mm lens at 82mm, F6.3 @ 1/90 second, ISO 160.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment: