Friday, April 01, 2011

"Wedding Day Smiles"

Wedding Day SmilesIMG_1780

"Wedding Day Smiles"
©David A. Ziser

Here is one more image from my Wedding Shootout at PSW. I love working in the Convention Center in Orlando.  The geometrics of the architecture are really fun to work with.

In this image I decided to work with the vertical elements of the windows.  Although window light would seem to be the light source of choice, I chose instead to use my off camera Quantum flash.

Bringing it in from camera left was a bit challenging because I could have easily cast the bride’s shadow on the vertical elements.  By positioning her slightly behind the larger element, her shadow fell on the backside.

The faster then normal  sync shutter speed allowed me to vignette the lighting on her giving an almost Hollywood style lighting on my subject.  I basically cheated the sync to obtain that effect.

The easy pose, nice lighting, and simple location made for a flattering portrait of my bride.

Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 145mm, F8.0 @ 1/400 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,
    Flawless lighting and posing! Writing to you to let you know that I'll be doing another webinar hosted by Marathon Press on digital oil portraiture. It airs Tues, April 5th at 7PM central time.

    The field of digital painting is exciting and expanding rapidly thanks to new technologies. But at it's heart and core is still the beauty found in the artist's original vision. Your work, with it's artful elegance, has always inspired me, and, as usual, I will be citing you as an example of the genre of work conducive to making a beautiful painting. I hope you'll have time to tune in!
    Thanks again,
    Melissa
    Here is the link to the webinar:
    http://www.marathonpress.com/webinar/1071930936/

    ReplyDelete