Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Times Square – Bert Monroy’s Discusses His Epic Work; & FREE Fusion Webcast Tomorrow

Good Morning Everybody,

TsunamiOMG – what a day yesterday turned into.  I sat down at the computer yesterday at 7:00 a.m., two computers BTW, and didn’t quit till  8:30 p.m.  Between getting ready for my upcoming Digital Master Class next week, preparing for the Fusion webcast tomorrow, and working on several projects for our PhotoPro Network – it felt like a Tsunami of work hitting me all at once.

With all that behind me today, thankfully is a little lighter, whew!

Times Square – Bert Monroy’s Discusses His Epic Work

Let me begin by saying that I am so excited about today’s post. I spent a good deal of time working on it yesterday because I wanted it to be a special experience for our DPT readers – I hope it is.

I caught up with Bert last week at Photoshop World in Orlando, Florida.  Bert’s opus digital painting “Times Square” [link] was being displayed full size and back-lit for the first time. As I said last week, seeing this 5 ft. x 25 ft. backlit photorealistic digital painting up close and personal was quite the stunningly visual experience.

I asked Bert if he could visit with me on the entire 4 year process of creating such a masterpiece. He graciously obliged.  In the conversation we talked about the computer horsepower needed to produce an image created pixel-by-pixel in Photoshop, problems encountered along the way, who appears in the image, pushing the last pixel into place, and his own personal experience in seeing the project displayed for the first time.

I watched the video several times and am still totally impressed with what Bert has accomplished.  I know you will be too.  Hit the PLAY button below and enjoy the show.

 

Fusion – Now More Than Ever!

We are ready to go for tomorrow’s webcast. Don’t forget to REGISTER RIGHT HERE! 

I was on the phone with our presenter, Ariane Fisher a few hours yesterday working out a few bugs – but late last night, we squished the last few of those bugs and all is looking good for tomorrow’s broadcast.

Dollars LR Here is a quick update – StoryMix Media has generously agreed to give two door prizes valued at $200/ea during the program – Thanks StoryMix Media.  We will be awarding the prizes live during the program. To be eligible to win, during the broadcast you’ll need to send a Tweet to @DigitalProTalk or @StoryMixMedia and include #FusionNow in the tweet.

It should be fun.  The Twitter Feed for questions is a little new to me but Ariane wanted to give it a try so we are.  I’ll be following the tweets on my iPad during our program.  Ariane will be following as well on her end.  It will be a great way to send questions to Ariane or to myself during the webcast tomorrow.  Don’t you just love technology ;~) __________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today. I can’t believe it’s Wednesday and the week is half gone.  Things are just a little too busy after being away for two weeks.  As president of PhotoPro Network, I’m working on plans for our PPN Summer School in July, another meeting in October, and our annual convention next February 2012.

Now having just mentioning these events, I can’t give you any detailed information on them just yet – I’m still working on websites, but I promise I will everything together very shortly – you will be blown away!!!!

The Sedona Experience 2 Oh, BTW, my team tells me that we are nearly full for my private workshop – “The Sedona Experience” [link]. – If you’re interested, please give Jennifer or LaDawn a call at 800.292.2994 right away.

Plan to stop back tomorrow for another episode of Business Day Thursday.  I’ll be wrapping our series on wedding salesflow/workflow with my post, “After The Wedding – Workflow Part 7 – Let The Designing Begin!”

Hope to see you then,  David

No comments:

Post a Comment