Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What's up Wednesday: Don't Miss What’s Happening This Fall

Good Morning Everybody,

Hey guys and gals, I just received two new prototype products I'm pretty fired up about. One is a 40 inch reflector that is super silver on one side and black on the other side. Black you say, why black? I’ll give you low-down in a later post.

Umbrellas The other product is something I'm really fired up about is a giant umbrella I just received. I asked my good friends at Westcott if they could work up a super large shoot through umbrella for me. WOW!

It's, get this, a 6 foot wide shoot through umbrella!  The lighting possibilities indoors and outdoors are endless. I'm planning to put it through it's paces over the next week. I'll keep you posted – it’s way cool!

OK, on with today's post. Here we go...

Don't Miss What Happening This Fall

Everyone knows we've got our “Captured By The Light 2010” [link] tour kicking off on September 7, 2010 in Phoenix and I hope to see you there. That being said, I have to tell you, there are some other great seminar series coming your way too. Here is the quick list.

PhotoFusion -Clay B PhotoFusion Revolution 2010 28 city tour presented by Clay Blackmore [link]. Clay kicks off his tour at Photoshop World Tuesday evening August 31, 2010. Clay is a super talented photographer and Canon Explorer Of Light. I've known Clay for years. He gives a great program and I encourage you to check it out right here.

WPPI Road Trip WPPI 2010 Road Trip presented by WPPI [link]. This is an innovative seminar series in so far as it has a mix of presenters at each at  their 10 city locations. WPPI’s Road trip kicks off next week Monday August 23, 2010 in Irvine, CA. Each city has a different outstanding line up of speakers. Check out their schedule right here.

Top Pro TourWestcott 2010 Top Pro Tour beginning September 12, 2010 - with Rick Sammon kicking it off in Newark, New Jersey [link]. This is another fascinating seminar series with a great line up of speakers.

The speakers are different in each city and Westcott has contracted a great line up. The common denominator of each program promises a lot of info on studio lighting, lighting modifiers, and more. You can catch me in Cincinnati, Ohio on November 15, 2010. Here is their schedule and all the info right here.

Kelby Training LIVEKelby Training LIVE is also coming to a city near you [link]. I just received in the mail my brochure to Corey’s visit to Covington, KY.  That’s right, Scott Kelby, Joe McNally, Corey Barker, just to name a few are heading your way right now. Hey, if you want to know anything about Photoshop this is the place to be.  It’s always informative, entertaining, and worth every penny.  Here is the link to their tour stops right here.

So what can I say, photographers have a great opportunity to broaden their photography and lighting skills over these next few months. The good news is that all of these programs offer great bang for the informational buck. Check them out!!!

DAZ Master Class Fall -2010 DigitalProTalk’s Digital Workshops  [link]:I couldn’t end this post without mentioning my DPT Digital Photography/Lighting Workshop happening October 18-22, 2010.  That’s right one full week of eating, sleeping, and breathing digital photography and lighting.  We only have 4 seats left, so if you are interested, please give the studio a call right away at 895.341.5900 to reserve you seat.

Our new format has been a super BIG hit with the attendees.  I do the teaching, you do the shooting.  Lots of models, coaches, food, and fun.  Check it out right here. Remember, only a couple of seats still remaining so give the studio a call, 859-341-5900 to guarantee your place!

How's that for an awesome silver platter of educational opportunity. What’s the best thing you can do to improve your lighting and photography skills and it’s much cheaper than buying new gear?  Education, Education, Education!!! Find the seminars that are a fit for you and sign up - all highly recommended!

_________________________________________________________

Hey everybody, that's it for me today. Plan to check back again tomorrow for another business building Business Day Thursday.

Hope to see you then, David

1 comment:

  1. I went to David's 2009 workshop in Phoenix and it is like an avalanche of good stuff, plus he gives out a ton of free stuff. I am signed up to go again in 2010. Kinda like going to a really funny movie... the first time you see it you miss things because of all the laughing... so you go see it again. Plus, I believe in the throw mud on the wall and see if it stick method of learning.

    ReplyDelete